Recommended age 9 - 12
1. Three positions of the feet. 1st, 2nd and 5th .
2. Theory of the Movement of the feet. When moving from a closed position to an open position, slide to a poit and lower the heel. When moving from an open position to a closed position, point and slide lowering the heel.
3. Four positions of the arms. 5th low, 5th middle 5th high and 2nd
4. Theory of the Movement of the arms. When moving from a low position to a high position, the arms usually pass through 5th in front. When moving from a high position to a low position, the arms usually pass through 2nd.
5. The fixed Point of the room. Select the audience which is 5. Beginning with the right front corner, count the corners counter-clockwise; 1,2.3.4. Count the walls in the same manner 5,6,7,8.
1. Plie and releve Face barre in 1st position. Tendue 2nd lower heel, demi-plie, straighten, grand plie, releve and lower heals. Tendue 2nd, closing in 1st, repeat all in 1st position. Repeat all using L leg to tendue.
2. Battement tendue en croix - Face front in 1st position. Tendue front, hold, slide close, hold. Repeat to 2nd and 4th back. Demi - plie and straighten. Reverse and Repeat all
3. Battement tendus derriere. Face barre in 5th position R ft back. Tendue to the back and close 3 times, change feet.
4. Battement Degage -Face front in 1st position. Degage, hold, lower to tendu, close. Execute 2 in each position en croix.
5. Ronds de Jambe - Face front 1st position. Tendu front, demi rende de jambe en dehors to 2nd, hold close. Repeat. Tendu back, demi- ronde de jambe en dedans to 2nd, hold close. Repeat
6. Retire - Face barre in 5th position. Lift R ft to ankle, retire, lower to ankle closing back. Repeat closing in front. Execute 8x
7. Grand Battement - Face front in 1st position, arms prepare to 2nd .Tendu to 4th fr. lift, lower to tendu, close in 1st . Execute 4x, Repeat to 2nd 4 x, face the barre, repeat to 4th back 4x
8. Echappe Releve - Face barre in 1st position. Echappe releve to 2nd, hold, hold, close in 1st. Execute 8x
9. Cou de Pied exercise - Face barre in 1st position. Plie & lift foot to cou de piedaight derriere, hold hold, close in 1st straightening legs. Alternate R & L 8x, Reverse cou de pied devant 8x
1. First port de bras - Face wall 5 in 5th position. Raise R arm to 5th front and open to 2nd, lower to 5th .
Head and eyes follow hand. Repeat using L. Execute 1st port de bras 2 times. Repeat all. Repeat starting L.
2. Third Arabesque - Face wall 5 in 5th position. Chasse to front to 3rd arabesque, arms pass through 5th front. Hold., hold, close arms and legs. Execute 4x, the 4th time lift leg demi en l'air.
Face 5, in 1st position. 2 sautes in 1st, releve, hold. Bourree 1 turn to the right, finishing facing wall 5. Spot the head. Repeat turning to the left. Repeat all
1. Preparation for Pas de Chat
2. Preparation for Jete
3. Echappe Saute Change
1. Chasse Temps Level
3. Travelling Waltz
Arabesque A position in which the dancer balances on one leg with the other extended behind.
Battement A beating movement (to beat)
Changement Springs in which you change your feet in the air.
Cou-de-pied Neck of the ankle
Développe developing movement
Echappe to escape
En croix in the pattern of a cross
En dedans inward
En dehors outward
Grand plie large bend
Pas de chat Step of the cat
Pirouette A turn or spin on one leg
Plie To bend
Port de bras carriage of the arms
Relevé raised, or to rise
Retire withdrawn movement
Reverence a curtsey or bow
Ronds de jambe circle of the leg
Saute to jump
Tendu to stretch