Recommended age 6 -9
1. Three positions of the feet. 1st, 2nd and 5th .
2. Theory of the Movement of the feet. When moving from a closed position to an open position, slide to a poit and lower the heel. When moving from an open position to a closed position, point and slide lowering the heel.
3. Four positions of the arms. 5th low, 5th middle 5th high and 2nd
4. Theory of the Movement of the arms. When moving from a low position to a high position, the arms usually pass through 5th in front. When moving from a high position to a low position, the arms usually pass through 2nd.
5. The fixed Point of the room. Select the audience which is 5. Beginning with the right front corner, count the corners counter-clockwise; 1,2.3.4. Count the walls in the same manner 5,6,7,8.
1. Plie (to bend) Face front in 1st position. Tendue 2nd lower heel, demi-plie, straighten, grand plie, Tendue 2nd, closing in 1st, demi plie, straighten, grand plie, Tendue 2nd closing in 3rd , 3 demi plies, Tendue 2nd, closing in 1st press up releve.
2. Battement Tendu (beating stretched) Tendue to 4th front, hold, hold, close to 1st positon, Repeat to 2nd and 4th back, demi plie straighten. Reverse
3. Releves (to rise) - Face barre in 1st position. Ball, toe, ball heel with the R foot, Repeat with the L foot , 2 press up releves in 1st position Execute 2x
4. Grand Battements (large beating movement) Face barre feet in 1st position. Tendu back, lift leg to demi height, lower to tendu, close to 1st position. Alternate R and L 8x
5. Retires (withdrawn movement) -Face barre,feet in 1st positon. Roll up to pointe, lift foot to retire, lower foot toe ball heel. Repeat L. Alternate feet 8x
1. Grand Battements (large beating movement) Face wall 5 in 1st positon. Tendu front, lift leg, lower to tendu, step forward. Alternate feet. 8x
2. Chasses (chasing step) Face wall 5 in 1st position. Press up to demi pointe, lower heels 2 times. Demi plie, chasse right to 2nd, arms open to demi 2nd, pointe left tendu, straightening knees, close to 1st, arms returning to 5th low. Repeat L. Repeat 4x
PORT DE BRAS (carriage of the arms)
1. Face wall 5 in 1st position, arms 5th low Raise R arms through 5th front to 5th high, Repeat using L arm. Lower R arms through 2nd to 5th low, Repeat using L arms. Execute 2
2. Port de bras and 3rd arabesque. Face 5, stand in 1st position, arms 5th low. Raise R arm up the side and lower. Repeat using L arm. Raise both arms to 3rd arabesque passing through 5th front. Hold, lower. Plie and chasse into 3rd arabesque, arms to 3rd arabesque passing through 5th front, R arms high, close. Repeat all
1. Echappes and Sautes - Stand in 1st position. 2 echappes sautés to 2nd, 4 sautes in 1st. Execute 4x
2. Sautes - Stand in 1st position. 3 sautes in 1st, hold, Repeat. 7 sautes in 1st, hold. Execute 4x
3. Galops and Spring Points - Pattern at the discretion of the Teacher
1. Petits Jetes Devant
2. Chasses Temps Leve - Chasse temps leve in arabesque alternating legs.
3. Polka - Start with R foot tendu 4th front. Polka step to corner 1
Battement A beating movement (to beat)
Changement Springs in which you change your feet in the air.
Chasse Chasing step
Développe developing movement
Echappe to escape
En croix in the pattern of a cross
Grand plie large bend
Pas de chat Step of the cat
Pirouette A turn or spin on one leg
Plie To bend
Port de bras carriage of the arms
Relevé raised, or to rise
Reverence a curtsey or bow
Ronds de jambe circle of the leg
Saute to jump
Tendu to stretch