Bitty Ballet (Recommended age 3-5)
1. Plies (knee bends) Standing in 1st position with hands on hips. Bend the knees, pushing knees back to make a diamond shape, while retaining posture. 3 bends, point to 2nd and lower heel. 3 bends, point and close in 1st.
2. Releve (to Rise). 1st position (pos). Press up onto toes making sure your knees are straight, and ankles do not roll over. 3 rises, then pause to rest. Repeat.
3. Tendue (Point and Close). 1st pos. Stretch R foot out to front in 4th position, making sure your toes are pointed hard and heel pushed around to the front. Close in 1st. Repeat L.
4. Arm (Port de bras). Butterfly arms. R arm, then L, then both together making waves.
5. Pique (3 points and close). 1st pos. 3 little bounces with foot in 4th pos. at the front and close with a knee bend.
6. Saute (Springing in 1st position). Jumps in 1st, bending knees each time you land. 4 springs, then stretch knees and bend knees.
7. Chasse slide and pointe - bend knees - chasse right to side, point left straightening knees, close to 1st repeat left
8. Skips. Skipping around the room. (Emphasize pointed toe to the knee)
9. Walking. 8 walks with toes pointed, Run, and then jump in 1st.
Gestures To be shown in a story setting: yes nod head with expression, no shake head with expression,
me point or indicate to self, you Point finger outwards, please clasp hands & open forward and out
happiness clap hands with little jumps, listening cup hand to R ear, looking One hand shading eyes
1. Knee bends in 1st and 2nd positions. 3 in each
2. Point and Close. Point R in front and close, then in 2nd and close. Repeat on L.
3. Point, lift, point and close. Point R in front and lift. Point R in front and close in 1st. Repeat L.
4. Two points and close with knee bend.
5. Step close step, and point in front. Repeated continuously.
6. Arm exercise.
7. Springs in 1st position.
8. step close step to side and hop with a bent working leg - point feet really hard!
9. Spring points facing the front and turning.
10. Gallops forward and sideways.
11. Skipping forward.
FREE EXPRESSIVE MOVEMENT: to music depicting any character.
Curtsey or Bow.